Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 6: Enhancements

1. Portrait Enhancements



1. Olivia; 10.15.2010; 1:55 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.2; 1/125;
Sony DSC-H50; Edits in Camera Raw and Photoshop

This picture was taken outside of the library. Olivia is Brother Olsen's, a school librarian, daughter. She had just eaten a snack when I asked if I could take her picture. So, she had food all over her mouth. To edit this picture, I opened it in Camera Raw. Then, I added recover, fill lights, contrast, clarity, and vibrance. I then opened the image in Photoshop and copied the layer. In Photoshop, I had to use the clone stamp to get rid of the food marks and a scar on Olivia's upper lip. Then, to make the clone stamping more even, I copied the layer and used the brush tool to take parts of Olivia's skin color and  smooth it over her face.
2. Replace Color



1. Laurence; 10.15.2010; 1:30 p.m.; Rexburg, Idaho; f/3.2; 1/800;
Sony DSC-H50; Edits in Camera Raw and Photoshop

Laurence is a nice, but shy guy. He wasn't up for taking a candid shot. He only really felt comfortable doing posed shots in front of a plain background. Unfortunately, the only plain wall around was a wall that matched the color of Laurence's shirt. So, I decided to use this picture for my color replacement photo. To edit this photo, I first opened it in Camera Raw. I increased the contrast, clarity, vibrance, and sharpness. Then, I opened the image in Photoshop. In Photoshop, I copied the layer. Then used the quick selection tool to select just the shirt. Then, I went to image-adjustment-replace color. I clicked on Laurence's shirt in the screen and I increased the fuzziness slider to 100. I then changed the color using the hue and saturation sliders in this palette.

3. Match Color




1. Caleb with Backpack; 10.15.2010; 1:47 p.m.; Rexburg, Idaho; f/3.5; 1/125;
Sony DSC-H50; Sized in Photoshop
2. Caleb's Smile; 10.15.2010; 1:44 p.m.; Rexburg, Idaho; f/2.8; 1/320;
Sony DSC-H50; Sized in Photoshop

These pictures were taken outside of the library. I really liked the second photo a lot more than the first because the lighting and color was better in this shot. I also liked Caleb's smile. Caleb, however, hates this picture and claims that it makes him look funny. So, I decided to replace the color on the first photo with the color from the second photo. To do this, I opened both photos in Photoshop. Then, I selected the first image and went to image-adjustments-match color. In this palette, I selected the second photo as the source photo, and I used the fade slider to slightly fade the effect. I also added luminance to the image with the luminance slider in this palette.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Bro Olsen's daughter. She's so cute and you took it from a great angle. You also did a great job at editing it.

    ReplyDelete