Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 4: High Dynamic Range

Three Shot HDR:





1. Stairs Underexposed; 9.29.2010; 5:20 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/5.0; 1/50;
Sony DSC-H7; Tripod and timer used
2. Stairs Normal Exposure; 9.29.2010; 5:24 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/3.5; 1/25;
Sony DSC-H7; Tripod and Timer used
3. Stairs Overexposure; 9.29.2010; 5:29 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/3.5; 1/20;
Sony DSC-H7; Tripod and Timer used

These pictures were taken in Hotel Mead. For these picture, I used a tripod and changed the exposure. The first shot had an exposure of -2. The second shot was 0. And, the third shot was +2. I used the timer to take these shots to prevent me from bumping the camera. Then, I ran all of these photos through Dynamic Photo to create my HDR. In Dynamic Photo, I played with the different settings in the toning map. I used the eye-catching mode. Then, I increased the brightness and vivid color. Finally, I added clarity and de-haze.

One Shot HDR:



1. Blue Tank; 9.29.2010; 3:55 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/2.8; 1/60; Sony DSC-H7;
Sizing in Photoshop

This photo was taken at the Bannack Mill. To compose this shot, I placed the lock in front of the two items. I then took the shot. Next, I ran the image through Dynamic Photo. In Dynamic Photo, I played with the different settings under the toning map. I enhanced the vivid color, brightness, and saturation. I also turned on the sky setting. Finally, I added clarity and de-haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment