Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 4: Bannack Action Blur & Freeze



1. The Stove Ghost: 9.29.2010; 2:00 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/7.1; 8; Sony DSC-H7;
Tripod used and editing done in Bridge and Photoshop
2. Splash; 9.29.2010; 2:45 p.m.; Bannack, MT; f/5.6; 1/800; Sony DSC-H7; 
Editing in Bridge and Photoshop

The first picture was taken in Hotel Mead. Josh was my model. I used a tripod and a slow shutter speed for this shot. To blur the image, I set the shutter speed to 8'', then I pushed the shutter. I had Josh move out of the shot after 4'' to blur the image. The room that this was taken in was a little too bright, so the photo was blown out. Because of this, Sister Esplin and I decided this shot would look best black and white or in sepia. To make it sepia, I first opened the picture in Camera Raw. I decreased the exposure and added contrast. Then, I opened the image in Photoshop. In Photoshop, I copied the layer and went to image adjustments to colorize the photo. For the water picture, I had someone throw a rock into the water as I took the picture. I used a fast shutter speed. This was hard to time, and the picture turned out a little dark and wasn't well focused. So, I opened the image in Camera Raw and increased the exposure. I also highlighted the water. Then, I opened the image in Photoshop and copied the layer. Next, I added sharpness to the splash by using the sharpness smart filter. Finally, I masked out the sharpness on everything but the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment