Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 4: Bannack Macro Abstract




1. Lock; 9.29.2010; 4:16 p.m. Bannack, MT; f/3.2; 1/10; Sony DSC-H7;
Tripod used and editing in Camera Raw and Photoshop
2. Wood; 9.29.2010; 9:45 a.m.; Dubois, ID; f/3.5; 1/320; Sony DSC-H7;
Sizing in Photoshop

For the picture of the lock and the wood, I used macro mode and a lot of zoom. For the lock, I had to use a tripod because it was in the dark mill and the shutter speed was slow. I edited the lock in Camera Raw by decreasing the exposure and adding highlights to the wood and lock. Then, in Photoshop, I copied the layer and added sharpness by using the smart filter. I masked out the sharpness on everything but the lock and wood. Then, I added a vignette by feathering and masking another layer. The texture shot was just sized down in Photoshop. To make my macro abstract, I put the wood in a layer over the lock. Then, I went to layers and chose overlay mode and decreased the opacity. Finally, I masked out the effect on everything but the lock.

1 comment:

  1. (Ok so I commented on this and it went away, so sorry if there is two comments) I really love this picture! I love how the metal lock looks wooden after you over-layed them. Nice job adding great texture. The composition is good too.

    ReplyDelete