Saturday, November 6, 2010

Week 9: Night & Light


1. Moving Light Capture
 

1. 2nd Street; 11.5.2010; 8:13 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/7.1; 10''
Sony DSC-H50; Tripod and timer used.

I took this picture on 2nd Street in Rexburg. To take the image, I used a tripod and timer. I also used a slow shutter speed to capture the motion. After taking the image, I opened it in Camera Raw and increased the blacks, vibrance, and clarity.

2. Light Painting




1.Blue and Red Hearts; 11.05.2010; 7:22 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 10'';
Sony DSC-H50; Tripod and timer used
2. Flame; 11.05.2010; 7:38 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 3'';
Sony DSC-H50; Tripod and timer used
3. Flashing Hearts; 11.05.2010; 7:24 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 10'';
Sony DSC-H50; Tripod and timer used

All of these pictures were taken in the hallway of my apartment. I used a tripod and a timer for all of the images. In the first picture, I used a little night book light. To make the light look blue and then red, I only exposed a little bit of the light and covered most of it with my hand. During the shot, I constantly changed the amount of light that was exposed. For the flame shot, my husband lit a match and sprayed it with hairspray. He really wanted to play with fire. For the last heart image, I used a flashing bouncy ball to draw the heart shapes. After taking the pictures, I opened the images in Camera Raw and enhanced the blacks, clarity, and vibrance.

3. Camera Motion Painting



1. Falling Light; 10.04.2010; 8:22 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/8.0; 7'';
Sony DSC-H50; Edited in Camera Raw
2. Light Swirl; 10.4.2010; 8:12 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/8.0; 7'';
Sony DSC-H50; Edited in Camera Raw

These pictures were also taken in my apartment. To take these images, I used three awkward glass candle holders that my husband and I got for a wedding gift. I lit the candles inside of the holders and placed some candles next to the holders on a table. I then took the camera and set it to a slow shutter speed. As I took the pictures, I moved the camera back and forth in different patterns. I then took each image and opened them in Camera Raw. In Camera raw, I added highlights to the black areas of each picture. I decreased the exposure and increased the black in each highlight. I also added vibrance and clarity to the overall images in Camera Raw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment