Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 8: Photo Journal


1. River; 10.25.2010; 5:14 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.5; 1/250;
Sony DSC-H50; Edited in Camera Raw

My husband and I went on a walk for FHE out by the nature pond. While we were there, I took some pictures of the river. For this image, I opened it in Camera Raw. I increased the clarity, contrast, and vibrance of the image. I then opened it in Photoshop and added a smart filter to the image. I masked out the filter on everything but the grass. Finally, I sized the image in Photoshop.


2. Toothbrushes; 10.26.2010; 8:07 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.6; 1;
Cannon Powershot A560; Edited in Camera Raw

I took this picture on Tuesday. The highlight of Tuesday was preparing for my health communication class presentation on dental hygiene at the Madison Public Library for story time. I had to prepare 70 toothbrush kits. So, I figured they deserved a picture. I opened the image in Camera Raw. I decreased the exposure and brightness and added contrast, clarity, and vibrance. Then, I opened the image in Photoshop and cropped and sized it.


3. Kitchen; 10.27.2010; 4:01 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.2; 1/10;
DSC-H50; Edited in Camera Raw

I spent a good part of Wednesday evening in the kitchen making dinner. So, I decided to get a unique picture of the kitchen. I opened the image in Camera Raw and enhanced the contrast, vibrance, and clarity. I then sized the image in Photoshop.


4. Skull; 10.28.2010; 7:11 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.2; 1/13;
Sony DSC-H50; Edited in Camera Raw

On Thursday, I was at school from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. I was either in classes or working at the library. At work, a lot of students were checking out the bones and skeleton reserve items. So, I decided to take a picture of them. I edited this picture in Camera Raw to decrease the brightness, add fill lights, and increase the vibrance and clarity. I then opened it in Photoshop to size
and crop the image.


5. Gumdrops; 10.29.2010; 10:22 a.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.2; 1/25;
Sony DSC-H50; Edited in Camera Raw

On Friday, my classes got canceled. So, I decided to work on my Photolusion early that morning. That is when I took this picture of the gumdrops. I edited this image in Camera Raw by increasing the exposure and adding clarity, vibrance, and fill lights. I then sized and cropped the image in Photoshop.


6. Pumpkin; 10.30.2010; 6:20 p.m.; Blackfoot, ID; f/2.6; 1/100;
Cannon Powershot A560; Edited in Camera Raw

On Saturday, my husband and I went to Blackfoot to visit our families. That night, we carved pumpkins with my parents. This was the final product. I opened the image in Camera Raw. I increased the contrast, fill lights, clarity, and vibrance. Then, I sized the image in Photoshop.


7. Barn; 10.31.2010; 9:40 a.m.; Firth, ID; f/4.0; 1/100;
Cannon Powershot A560; Edited in Camera Raw

This photo was taken on Sunday morning as my husband and I drove back to Rexburg from Blackfoot (Don't worry, we didn't skip church). I opened the image in Camera Raw and increased the contrast, clarity, and vibrance. I also added a highlight to the barn to enhance the red color and a highlight to the sky to make it more blue. I then opened the image in Photoshop to size it.

1 comment:

  1. The river and the barn are my favorites! The lighting and color is really good and I especially like the composition in the river picture. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete