Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 8: Photo Journal Editing and Photolusion

1. Photo Journal Editing





I used an already made photo journal template to create my photo journal page. I didn't like the size of some of the original photo frames in the template. So, I made some bigger, and I made some smaller to better fit my photos. I also rotated some of the frames differently by selecting the mat layer of the frame and then hovering around the corner to get the rotating arrows. To add my pictures into the frame, I used a clipping mask. To do this, I first clicked on the layer with the photo frame I wanted to use. Then, I placed my larger, original images on top of that layer. Next, I dragged my image over the photo frame and sized it down. Finally, I right-clicked in the layers palette and chose Create Clipping Mask. I also changed the font to Kaufmann and then re sized it to better fit the area. To customize the template more, I changed the background color and font to brown and mistral in the third template.
 
2. Photolusion





1. Sky and Trees Background; 10.27.2010; 4:32 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/8.0; 
1/2000; Sony DSC-50; Tripod used,edited in Camera Raw and Photoshop
2. Kim; 10. 29. 2010; 9:50 a.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.2; 1/1600; 
Sony DSC-50; Tripod and timer used, edited in Camera Raw
3. Gumdrops; 10.29.2010; 10:13 a.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/3.2; 1/40; 
Sony DSC-50; Edited in Camera Raw

To create this photolusion, I first took the tree and sky background picture into Camera Raw to enhance the colors. I then opened it in Photoshop and used the fresco filter effect to make it look more textured and cartoonish. Next, I opened the image of myself in Camera Raw and enhanced the exposure, contrast, and vibrance. I then placed the picture on top of the tree and sky background and used a mask to get rid of the background in the photo of me. I then opened the gumdrop picture in Camera Raw and increased the contrast, clarity, and vibrance. Then, I opened the image in Photoshop and used the quick selection tool to grab specific gumdrops. I placed these gumdrops in different layers on top of the blended sky background and Kim photo. When I had a bunch of gumdrops that looked nice, I merged the layers together. I then copied and re sized the layer multiple times to create different sized gumdrops. I also rotated each copied layer and added a mask to the layers to get rid of gumdrops in areas where I didn't want them.

2 comments:

  1. I love your edit! It looks like an add you would find in a magazine or something. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you already have a comment, but I LOVE your photolusion blend! I can't get over how awesome it is. I would totally blow it up as a poster if I were you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete