Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 2: Blending & Type Face

 

 
1. Lace; 9.17.2010; 4:32 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 1/50; Sonny DSC-H50; Sizing in Photoshop
2. Midnight Blue; 9.17.2010; 2:36 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/2.8; 1/40; Sonny DSC-H50; 
Sizing in Photoshop

Before merging these two photos together, I first edited each image in Photoshop. For the guitar, I lightened the image using the brightness tool under image adjustments. For the lace, I isolated only the blue by using the channels tab. Then, I merged the blue lace color and the guitar together. To do this, I placed the lace on a layer on top of the Guitar. Then, I selected vivid light under the layer tab to blend the images. Finally, I took the lace off of everything except the guitar and case by using a mask.

   


1. Rexburg Temple; 9.17.2010; 2:56 p.m.; Rexburg, ID; f/8.0; 1/200; Sizing and type in Photoshop

Before adding type to this photo, I sized it in Photoshop. Then, I used the Type tool to add the font. I selected Snell, in bold, for the font and sized the main title at 290 pt. The subtitle was sized at 100 pt. Next, I selected the overlay blending mode under the layer drop box to blend the titles. I then copied each title once to darken the effect.

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos they are beautiful, but there is a ton of space at the bottom underneath where they are posted. Maybe its just my computer but you might want to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does that on mine to Will, so I'm not quite sure what happened there. But great shots, you definitely have an eye for beauty. The guitar case almost looks like it has snake skin on it which is pretty cool looking imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lacy texture you used in the blended photo. I also love beautiful quote you applied to the picture of the temple. Good job!

    ReplyDelete